CBSubs security error?

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #226204 by CosmicGlenn
Replied by CosmicGlenn on topic CBSubs security error?
Yes that is the problem. some are confirmed and some are not. Even though i have it set for admin approval. Which leads me to believe there is something wrong with CB subs.

here is an example: Annettedes Annettedes Public deweypnp@hotmail.com is confirmed. No where is cbsubs set to allow a person to confirm.

I get about 5 of these fake accounts a day. Some times they are approved and confirmed.

Is there a way that they can see the capcha and plan first ? then it would stop bots from auto registering.
EX. Chose plan then fill in capcha code then go to registration page if capcha is ok?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #226856 by CosmicGlenn
i have found the problem.
Its capcha. ill explain more when i figure it all out.

10 years 11 months ago #226872 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs security error?
Strange, are you using CB Captcha or 3rd party captcha? As a side note we've just released CB AntiSpam which is a replacement for CB Captcha which includes captcha and other spam prevention features.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago #226883 by CosmicGlenn

krileon wrote: Strange, are you using CB Captcha or 3rd party captcha? As a side note we've just released CB AntiSpam which is a replacement for CB Captcha which includes captcha and other spam prevention features.

its Community Builder Plugin CBreCaptcha .
if its set to recaptcha then a flood of spam fake members can by pass it and register and other things. If its set to mycaptcha then it blocks all spam bots.

10 years 11 months ago #227022 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs security error?
We didn't develop CB reCaptcha. I strongly suggest installing newly released CB AnitSpam; it has captcha built in with audio and refresh usages as well as advanced techniques for image generation to throw of image scanning bots (it can also do reCaptcha if you want it). In addition to captcha it has various spam blocking techniques to prevent login sharing, duplicate logins, multiple failed login attempts auto blocking, etc...

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago #227280 by CosmicGlenn
There is no where to download this plugin. can you post a link?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn