Worldpay payment 'Not Initiated'

10 years 11 months ago #226488 by kenmcmahon
Worldpay payment 'Not Initiated' was created by kenmcmahon
I've recently had a subscriber pay by Worldpay, his payment went through successfully (I can see it on the Worldpay Merchant site) but the CBSubs basket was marked 'Not Initiated' I had to pay it using the Pay button in the Basket view and selecting the 'online by other means' option from the pull-down. This happened a couple of days ago and I've since had one other Worldpay transaction which was successfully processed, so it looks like a one off. Is it possible the notification from Worldpay wasn't received for some reason?

I'm running version 2.01. Which I will be updating once I get to the bottom of this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #226536 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Worldpay payment 'Not Initiated'
Sounds like for whatever reason the IPN got interrupted and CBSubs wasn't notified of the payment. This can happen if your webhost server goes down for a few minutes, or right when the IPN is sent, or the Worldpay server failed to send the IPN, or was down. Could've also been a fatal error on your site that stopped it. Was there no notification in CBSubs > Notifications for the purchase? What about any errors in CBSubs > History?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kenmcmahon

10 years 11 months ago #226545 by kenmcmahon
Replied by kenmcmahon on topic Worldpay payment 'Not Initiated'
That sounds a likely explanation. There's no notification. I've checked the log and there's no error, just 'User subscription record created with status: R' followed by 'Store payment basket'. But there's no 'Updating payment record because of new status of payment basket: Complet...' that I notice with other successful payments.

Hopefully it won't happen again, at least not often.

10 years 11 months ago #226697 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Worldpay payment 'Not Initiated'
Yeah, sounds like the IPN never sent or your site never received it. I would monitor it and see if it happens again. Then check when the subscription was started then relay the information to your host to see if your host went down as well as to Worldpay to see if there was a problem during that time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn