Help With Subscription Plans That Could Go More than 12 Months and Expirations

10 years 11 months ago #227516 by NHEA_webmaster
If there is already a post about this please forgive me and just point me to it.

Environment: I'm running Joomla 2.5.11, CB 1.9, and CB Subs 2.0.2

Situation: Our subscription calendar runs from September 1 to August 31 of the following year. We allow for early registration, starting in May, but would still like for their subscription to expire the following August 31. In other words; a user registers on May 25, 2013, and we want their subscription to expire (like everyone elses) on August 31, 2014.

I am using the custom calendar start time to start on September 1. The problem I'm having is people who register early (before September 1) are expiring exactly 12 months after they register and not on August 31.

How do I make this work?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #227568 by krileon
I assume you're using "This calendar year" duration with "Start date of first calendar year:" configured? It should not be just 12 months regardless of when subscribed. It should be a full calendar year starting at the start date. Those purchasing early, are they renewals or new subscriptions?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago #227593 by NHEA_webmaster
Krileon, thank you for the quick reply.

Yes, I am using "This calendar year" and have the start date of calendar year at 09-01. I'm sorry I didn't state that more clearly.

The early purchasers are both new subscriptions and renewals.

Is a possible solution to use the "Bonus time before expiry (for calendar-based durations):" ? Does this bonus time only count if the user subscribes before the plan start date? In other words, if I set the bonus time to 4 months, if user subscribes on 05-01 to a plan whose start date is 09-01 does that work?

Thank you

10 years 11 months ago #227654 by krileon

Is a possible solution to use the "Bonus time before expiry (for calendar-based durations):" ? Does this bonus time only count if the user subscribes before the plan start date? In other words, if I set the bonus time to 4 months, if user subscribes on 05-01 to a plan whose start date is 09-01 does that work?

Bonus time allows them for example to renew for the next year if they subscribed within say 3 months of the end of the previous year. So if I set it to 4 months and the year ends on 05-31, but I subscribed 04-01 then I also get the following year included in my subscription and any time between 04-01 and 05-31 is free. This helps avoid users from subscribing right before the end of a calendar year as they'd end up paying for just a few days instead of getting a full calendar year.

The bonus time will change what date they subscribed, but it shouldn't hurt what date they expire. They should always expire at the end of a calendar year.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn