License Question

10 years 10 months ago #227934 by ekaln
License Question was created by ekaln
We've got 15,000 members on our site.

Only about 100 are currently using CBSubs and we've turned it off for future use. Over 99% of our users don't and won't use CBSubs.

However, CBSubs says our license is close to the maximum and we need to update.

Any way around this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #227972 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic License Question
The count is based off the number of users. Not the number of subscriptions. CBSubs GPL has absolutely no limitations.

Over 99% of our users don't and won't use CBSubs.

There a reason for this? Perhaps need to make adjustments to plan setup to better market your paid plans?

Any way around this?

You'd need to upgrade.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #228093 by ekaln
Replied by ekaln on topic License Question
Thanks krileon

The reason is that we stopped using CBSubs.

We've only got a few legacy users on CBSubs because their PayPal subscriptions can't be moved.

We need to upgrade? I guess we've learned a $200 lesson on why non-GPL software sucks.

10 years 10 months ago #228107 by nant
Replied by nant on topic License Question

ekaln wrote: Thanks krileon

The reason is that we stopped using CBSubs.

We've only got a few legacy users on CBSubs because their PayPal subscriptions can't be moved.

We need to upgrade? I guess we've learned a $200 lesson on why non-GPL software sucks.

We sent all CBSubs customers 3 emails back in January with migration proposals.

Please check your mail box (and spam box) for our emails.

You either did not read them or you ignored them.

Please use our contact form and we will help you migrate as painless as possible.

10 years 10 months ago #228112 by ekaln
Replied by ekaln on topic License Question
Hi Nant

I got the emails, thanks.

We don't need to update. We just need to keep CBSubs ticking along for the 100 users we have left in the system.

10 years 10 months ago #228115 by nant
Replied by nant on topic License Question

ekaln wrote: Hi Nant

I got the emails, thanks.

We don't need to update. We just need to keep CBSubs ticking along for the 100 users we have left in the system.

As I said, please use contact form and we will help you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn