CBSubs Merchandise plans with selections included

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #233390 by activha

krileon wrote: If you set them to be editable via ajax using CB Core Fields Ajax, but only after the subscription has become active. So they would need to subscribe then edit the fields.

It does not seem to work in the merchandise plan. I tried the standard substitution [cb_field] and [cb:userfield field="cb_field" /] but both do not work. The field is correctly editable on the profile but not on the merchandise plan area. Any idea ?

Invoice page, should have a link for it at the bottom of your Subscription tab unless it was disabled in CBSubs > Settings > Display > Invoices.

Would it be possible to have it as a simple listing in a tab ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #233398 by krileon

It does not seem to work in the merchandise plan. I tried the standard substitution [cb_field] and [cb:userfield field="cb_field" /] but both do not work. The field is correctly editable on the profile but not on the merchandise plan area. Any idea ?

Don't understand what you're asking. You want to render the ajax editable version of a field in your merchandise plan description? I'm not sure you can do that, but you can try. The below would be proper syntax for it.

[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" formatting="div" /]

Output defaults to html and reason defaults to profile so all you should need to do is ensure it outputs as div format. I've no idea if this is going to work though. I thought you meant have the field on their profile ajax editable.

Would it be possible to have it as a simple listing in a tab ?

I don't think so. It's all calculated from several different database tables. Normally you'd just use CB Query Field, but you won't be able to do any of the calculations needed. Maybe you can use an iframe with the invoice page URL and &tmpl=component appended to the URL. You'd need to allow iframes within CB > Configuration > User Profile though (have to whitelist it).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #233400 by activha

krileon wrote: Don't understand what you're asking. You want to render the ajax editable version of a field in your merchandise plan description? I'm not sure you can do that, but you can try. The below would be proper syntax for it.
[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" formatting="div" /]

No this syntax does not work in merchandise plans.

We need it for the user to change values in the merchandise plan before submitting it so that we can use these values in the emails sent with the integration.

Maybe you can use an iframe with the invoice page URL and &tmpl=component appended to the URL. You'd need to allow iframes within CB > Configuration > User Profile though (have to whitelist it).

Thanks we'll try, it is important for customers to track their purchases independently of invoicing. This is something to add in next version maybe ?

10 years 7 months ago #233987 by krileon

No this syntax does not work in merchandise plans.

We need it for the user to change values in the merchandise plan before submitting it so that we can use these values in the emails sent with the integration.

You'll have to ask for this information at registration or profile edit then. There's currently no way to ask for them to complete a field or anything of the sort during purchase.

Thanks we'll try, it is important for customers to track their purchases independently of invoicing. This is something to add in next version maybe ?

Probably not as we already have a dedicated page for invoice list display, but maybe in a future release it can be a tab or a field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn