Using CBSubs to provide credits for access to articles

10 years 6 months ago #234627 by michaedt
Users will pay for access to create articles. Each article will store information pertaining to a particular topic--like a profile for that topic--all of which will be editable via a CCK.
I would like users to be able to purchase credits that will allow them access to create a certain number of articles. For example, if they purchase 2 credits they can create two articles, one for each of their automobiles. Each article will have a QR-code tied to the URL, so the user needs to be assigned to a specific article. And once that article is chosen, other users should not be able to purchase that article id. This is difficult to explain.
Is there a way to accomplish this in CB. There will be 100,000 or more articles, so I don't want to set up a separate subscription for every article. It would be much better if I could grant permission to edit and/or create one article.
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #234665 by krileon
CBSubs can not create features that do not already exist in an extension. So you need to have a system in place that will allow article creation based off credits. You would then use CBSubs SQL Actions to update that systems database and increment the credits they have with each renewal/activation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn