update user groups when updating plan access group

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #234640 by TTime
Hi,

I want to change the user group users are assigned to for certain plans: it works fine for new registrations/renewal/etc..., but i would have expected it to automatically apply the new group for already active subscription, which doesn't seem to be the case.

And as there doesn't seem to be any way to 'batch assign group' (like regular joomla backend users view), i don't see any easy way to do that but sql tinkering.

Please let me know if:
1/ it should indeed apply new group to current active memberships
2/ is there a way to batch add/remove group based on subscription

thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #234664 by krileon

but i would have expected it to automatically apply the new group for already active subscription, which doesn't seem to be the case.

It does not. Already subscribed users will see no effect from nearly all changes to a plan. You should avoid modifying plans after you already have paying customers for that plan.

And as there doesn't seem to be any way to 'batch assign group' (like regular joomla backend users view), i don't see any easy way to do that but sql tinkering.

You can use Joomlas batch usergroup feature in Joomlas user manager. It will work fine with CB as CB shares the same tables as Joomla in this regard.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #234674 by TTime
First, thanks for the answer !

krileon wrote:

but i would have expected it to automatically apply the new group for already active subscription, which doesn't seem to be the case.

It does not. Already subscribed users will see no effect from nearly all changes to a plan. You should avoid modifying plans after you already have paying customers for that plan.

well, in that case it doesn't modify what they paid for, it's just reorganizing... It would be better if that would be possible in my opinion, but nevermind

You can use Joomlas batch usergroup feature in Joomlas user manager. It will work fine with CB as CB shares the same tables as Joomla in this regard.

except in regular joomla users view, i can't filter by subscription plan, so it's really not usable with hundreds of users... What would work is to implement the batch assign group in cb as it is in regular joomla user list.

10 years 6 months ago #234699 by TTime
i ended up doing it myself by sql, because i know how, but in my opinion this is something that could be a nice usability feature ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn