Question about profile showing

17 years 10 months ago #14755 by kdn
Question about profile showing was created by kdn
Hey everyone,

I'm new in the J! space and I'm just experimenting with CB.

So I have a question: Is it possible to show a profile on a static content page.

A practical example:

In my scouting group we have different age-groups. Each age-group has 4 adult leaders. Thos leaders stay a few years in the scouting group buth they lead every year another age-group. So I would like to show the profile of this years agegroup leaders on the page of that age group. And when a new year starts, the age-group pages change because you change the age-group in the leaders profile.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #14763 by ericfoster3
Replied by ericfoster3 on topic Re:Question about profile showing
kdn wrote:

Is it possible to show a profile on a static content page.

Not sure about the whole profile, BUT, you could list the four leaders names using CB lists. And then you could click on their name to get the whole profile.

You need a field in their profile to set what age group they belong to. Create a CB list for each age group. Then, using a custom module position in your template, you list the 4 leaders in the custom module at the top of the page. Call up the appropriate age-list for that particular static page. In the main page below is your static content. You just have to set the module (with the custom list) to appear only on those static pages.

haven't tried this. It's just a theory at this point.

Let me know if you try it.

CB 3rd Party Developer: DatsoTab | KarmaTab
Joomla! 1.0.10
Community Builder 1.0
joomlaboard 1.1.2

17 years 10 months ago #14780 by kdn
Replied by kdn on topic Re:Question about profile showing
ans how do I make a module of a list or enter the list in static content?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn