Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Could someone send me somewhere?

• ikt
  • ikt
17 years 11 months ago #15350 by ikt
Hi all, I have to say that after all these RAVE reviews I've been reading, I believe I'd like to set up the CB on my end, however, I am just not really sure I understand. I'm sure you get this quite a bit, but here it is in a nutshell, I am currently running Joomla 1.0.9 and I have the Joomlaboard 1.1.2 Stable installed on my Joomla, but I'm not sure I understand what makes the CB something I should have. I am having a tough time finding some more detailed information on CB that would point out for what reason a person might or might not want to add this to their site. Maybe I'm missing this all together, maybe this is something that I should have? I would really like to get the whole low down on CB to decide if I really even need it for what I'm doing. I am building a community, but at the same time, getting a lot of detailed information from people like personal prefs, etc. I'm not sure it is necessary. CB really sounds great, but I would like to read more than little blurbs about "how I get the idea", cuz I really don't.
One very important question I have about CB is are people who come to my Joomla homepage, and register to the site to respond to my blogger, or post a rating/review going to have to sign up seperately to use the Joomlaboard if I have it working with CB?
I'm just really really confused... some detailed page that lays this out would be very helpful.

Thanks everyone.... like I mentioned... sounds awesome!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
17 years 11 months ago #15361 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Could someone send me somewhere?
Please read short description of CB here and at joomla extensions site:

CB replaces the Joomla standard registration and login functions and enhances them by adding additional fields, and managing user profiles and links between users.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• ikt
  • ikt
17 years 11 months ago #15597 by ikt
Replied by ikt on topic Re:Could someone send me somewhere?
Hi beat,
Thanks for your response, but let me just see if I understand this right- basically, what will end up happening is the sign up for CB/Joomlaboard will replace the existing register on my Joomla site and my users will only have to log in one time to access all areas of my board? Is this correct?
I guess that what I am just trying to confirm here is that people who come and sign up at my website will only have to log-in one time to access everything, that they won't go post a review on one area of my site and then when they get to my forums they won't have to log in again, seperate, to access that area of my site?

Thanks so much for your help here :)

• nant
  • nant
17 years 11 months ago #15620 by nant

• ikt
  • ikt
17 years 11 months ago #15638 by ikt
Replied by ikt on topic Re:Could someone send me somewhere?
WOW! Speedy replies around here! I think I'm going to like this place a lot. I can't wait to get it all set up!

Thanks for the help!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon