How to modify the pages rendered by CB?

17 years 10 months ago #15440 by sjordan
Hello,

First off, I have to say CB is very nice. And considering it's been volunteer work, open source, etc ... it's great! Very mature and feature rich.

I am working with a client who wants to roll a social networking section in his site (yes, ANOTHER one of those). We are looking at CB.

He likes the features, add-ons, plugins (ex. connections, gallery, PMS, blogging), etc. The ONLY two quirks ...

Both courtesy of a myspace mindset/P.O.V.

1. He wants users to be able to customize the look of their page within the community. AKA upload wallpapers and all the jazz. I.e, each user can decorate their space.

2. CB relies on a tabbed paradigm, where the functional unit is a tab ... gallery is a tab, blog is a tab, forum is a tab, etc. Is there a way to have (when the user logs in and goes to his profile/his home page) a type of portal. Note when you log into myspace.com for example, the first few elements of each feature is visiable. Is that clear?

Maybe an example ...

When you log in, you might see in a box the first few pictures from your gallery. In another box the last few posts from your blog. In another box the last few posts from the forum. In otherwise, it's a one stop snap-shot of a user. An overview, a portal. Each box of course would have something like 'click to see/view more' and that takes you to the same place that the current tabs do.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn