how to install it?

17 years 10 months ago #15484 by fernandoch
how to install it? was created by fernandoch
Hello,

Can anyone point me to the right direction?

I downloaded the file [build1]1.0RC1_plug_cbprofilegallery.zip but now how to install it? I went to the joomla install new component, it did not work saying "ERROR: Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package." but there is a .xml file inside of the zip file. I did the same with install modules, then install mambots, the same result.

How should I install it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #15494 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:how to install it?
fernandoch wrote:

Hello,

Can anyone point me to the right direction?

I downloaded the file [build1]1.0RC1_plug_cbprofilegallery.zip but now how to install it? I went to the joomla install new component, it did not work saying "ERROR: Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package." but there is a .xml file inside of the zip file. I did the same with install modules, then install mambots, the same result.

How should I install it?

[bitching in general]

Was really expecting someone else to jump in and answer this question. Oh well, I guess I just will stop working on the next version of everything I am working on because most people just get what they want and leave or they dont get what they want and bitch about it!

back to the newbie question at hand ...

The file you downloaded is a CB plugin and must be installed as a CB plugin from the CB plugin management backend panel.

[bitching against the newbie]
You must have downloaded this file from the project area on the forge (see my signature). If you did then the home page of the project clearly states:

Installation

The plugin package (in compressed zip format) must be installed via the CB Plugin Management backend of your Joomla/Mambo site. The plugin needs CB 1.0 stable (and above) to function properly.

Did you not read this?

Sorry for blasting you - I just feel that the community is really not helping out as much as it should!

One last thing - where did you download the file to beging with? It looks like a prerelease test build.
Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/06/17 23:56

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/06/18 00:10

17 years 10 months ago #15499 by fernandoch
Replied by fernandoch on topic Re:how to install it?
Thank you nant for answering.

I downloaded the plugin file from www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_docman/task,cat_view/gid,44/Itemid,36/ thinking it was the good installer.

In this link www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_docman/Itemid,36/ I was misled by the OLD thing: (OLD) CB 1.0 RC2 so I thought this was an old file. Maybe you should fix this link and order it in another way.

Thank you again.

17 years 10 months ago #15521 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:how to install it?
The actual title of the download section for this specific download is:

CB 1.0 Stable User Plugin Packages (CB Certified)

17 years 10 months ago #15526 by fernandoch
Replied by fernandoch on topic Re:how to install it?
Yes, I tried to install the file you said without having the core files and it kept on telling me there was no xml file. So I downloaded the OLD file and it worked.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn