Skip to Content Skip to Menu

importing users into YANC with CB

• denovo
  • denovo
17 years 11 months ago #15610 by denovo
importing users into YANC with CB was created by denovo
Hello all

How do I import users in a csv file into YANC in my Joomla site? I have the YANC plug in and CB installed. I have users first name, last name, email, zip, state, country. All of which I want to preserve.

My CB registration module has all that stuff built into it. But, how do I get users from another mailing list package (phplist) into CB and YANC.?

The plain import function in YANC doesn't seem to even preserve first name, last name parameters - it just gets put into one field "Name"

Thanks for any assistance.

Best,

Charles
The site is at www.charlesalexander.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• denovo
  • denovo
17 years 11 months ago #15650 by denovo
Replied by denovo on topic Re:importing users into YANC with CB
OK, I used the JUICE component and managed to get the users into the Joomla user database. Synching adds NULL users to the CB database though I get names etc. when I look at the CB frontend.

I'm trying to use PHPMyAdmin to load the rest of the data into the comprofiler user table. However, I don't want to overwrite my administrator/super administrator users. Anyone know of a way to merge the existing NULL user rows with the info I have in a CSV file?

This still doesn't address the issue of YANC subscriptions. I guess I'll just import my YANC users in separately and hope they sync up.

Can anyone *please* help?

Thanks

Charles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon