Editing/Finding the TOS LINK for new registrants?

17 years 3 months ago #30301 by jefferis
How do you edit or even FIND the page for the User Agreement? In the CB config it is listed as:
index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18

But since it is a dynamic page, I can't find it to edit it. Also when I click on the link, it says, "I don't have sufficient privileges"

Now how will a new user sign up for and agree to the TOS if they cannot see it publicly?

Thanks
Jeff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #30310 by jason.a.lynch
Replied by jason.a.lynch on topic Re:Editing/Finding the TOS LINK for new registrants?
It doesn't exist. It is intended to be a placeholder example for a link to a content item. You need to create a content item for it and change the id of the link to match that content item.

--

Jason

17 years 3 months ago #30312 by jefferis
Okay, well, I was able to do that creating a static page, no problem. I thought that a dynamic link to a dynamic page might pop up in its own window to the user could read the Terms of Use and then close the window to finish the registration process. Right now they have to use the back button on the browser.

I cannot see any way to create the dynamic page except through perhaps news or flash news type content, but when you do that, it also gives a static link view\13\21 or some such when you link it to a menu.

Perhaps there is no advantage to what I'm trying to do...

or it isn't possible..

17 years 3 months ago #30315 by jason.a.lynch
Replied by jason.a.lynch on topic Re:Editing/Finding the TOS LINK for new registrants?
If you create a content item within a section and category (not a static content item) it will be assigned an id.

From the CB configuration, replace the id of the link with that of the newly created dynamic content item (TOS). Then enable the Terms of Service configuration parameter.

After doing this, when a user registers they will see a checkbox at the bottom of the registration page thats says Accept Terms of Service. Clicking on Terms of Service opens a new window with the content item displayed (the TOS). The user thens just needs to close that window. It is not perfect because it probably should be displayed using the printer friendly popup window instead. This should be an easy hack to force it to do this. In fact I'm not sure why it wasn't done that way to begin with.

--

Jason

15 years 11 months ago #63596 by pochatcb
Cool, this works great.

thanks a lot for this info Jason.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn