Rendering a CB registration form based on AEC/Juga

16 years 4 weeks ago #60445 by mgercken
I have spent some time browsing the CB, AEC and Juga forums searching for an answer to this. I did find some posts on the CB forum related to this topic but they do not provide a definitive answer to my question. The following outlines what I am trying to do and seems to me like it would be a common approach.

My Configuration: Joomla 1.5.1, AEC 0.12.4.15, Juga 1.5, Community Builder 1.1

What I have successfully accomplished:
(1.) When the user registers for an account on my site, the first thing I do is provide them with a list of AEC plans to choose from. The AEC plans identify what type of user they are (ie Parent, Student, etc). Each AEC plan directly corresponds to a Juga group.
(2.) Once the user selects one of the AEC plans, the Community Builder registration form appears with ALL of the custom fields that I added related to Parents (ie occupation, salary, # of children in school, etc), Students (ie high school they attend, sports they play, etc) via the Community Builder Field Management component.
(3.) The user then confirms the registration by selecting the "Send Registration" button and their account is created and associated with the appropriate Juga group (thanks to AEC/Juga Micro Integration).
(4.) Now I can restirct content and menu option access based on the Juga group that the user is associated with. Works very well.

What I need help with:
(1.) In step (2.) above, I do not want to show ALL of the custom CB fields that I added but only the fields that are specific to the AEC plan/Group that was selected in Step (1.). Showing ALL of the CB fields that I created will not make sense to a Parent or a Student when they register (ie I dont want to ask a Parent what high school they currently attend).

So, I have spent a lot of time searching AEC, Juga and CB forums and have yet to find a solid answer to this question. Has anyone tried to accomplish something similar or can anyone provide some recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #65272 by pacochin
hi mgercken,

I have exactly the similar situation !

However, I have a twist on your problems.

What i did is :

All new user, irregardless of which membership type, will see the standard CB registration form collecting common information such as name, email, pw ONLY.

Once completed AEC plans and JUGA group assignment, they can login and update their own profile.

Now the question is:
I have custom fields that would cater for different member group, so, I cant get JUGA to identify, a Student Member should see only certain custom fields in CB to update their info.

unless there is always an unique URL that i can associate with each Custom fields tab in CB, then i can configured it in JUGA to restrict access. But CB dont have that as its using Javascript to toggle the tabs !

please share your experience.

15 years 10 months ago #65322 by pacochin
Hi All,

Just for your info, i received a news from JUGA support that this is a NEW FEATURE on request which will be release by end of this Summer !

Cheers !

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn