Read Me #9 - No LINK-URL option for Menu Item Type

16 years 3 weeks ago #61541 by SabbyKat
Greetings everyone,

I am working with J1.5 in legacy mode. I have AEC installed, but have not yet hacked - so that should not be part of the issue. Other than this, I do not have any hacks installed.

As per the article on joomlapolis, I read the Joomla! quick start manual, the Joomla! New user manual, and even the administration FAQ before I began to install CB (I also peeked around the J! wiki for a while). I also read the CB information as directed.

I've searched the Joomla! site and here to find some direction in getting an answer to my problem. The closest I found was a post from 2006 that referenced an issue with the link - url.

Here is my problem:

In the CB read me, I've gotten as far as #9. However, when I go into
Menus>User Menu>NEW

I can not find anything that would permit me to enter a Link-URL. I have clicked on and explored each option on that tree, and can not find this item! I do believe that this LINK - URL is supposed to be an option listed under the weblinks branch?

If anyone could help me learn more about this, or at least tell me whether I am just not looking good enough, or maybe something isn't working properly, I would be very thankful.

Thanks for your time!

Kimberly

Post edited by: SabbyKat, at: 2008/04/24 21:33

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 3 weeks ago #61543 by SabbyKat
Thanks much!

:blush:

My search of the site got me 2544 hits and ironically I still don't see this one among them!

This is a very complicated forum type to understand (posts are from last to first, and then there is the issue of search results being defined as 'In Title' or 'In Contents' - I've only been with Joomla for a couple days and most of that was reading documentation...I'll get used to it, and my search skills here will improve as I get a better grasp of exactly what I need to search for (I searched link - url this time.)

Also, I don't know that I would have followed the instructions in that post had you not directed me to it because I am running 1.5 (no mention of rc3 on it) and I had found a post elsewhere that said DO NOT add internal links using the external links option :huh: !

I've gone with the suggestion in that post and it worked beautifully!

I thank you SO much for taking the time to help me out here!

16 years 3 weeks ago #61544 by nant
Glad I could help.

(you see forums from last to first because your profile settings are set that way).

Post edited by: nant, at: 2008/04/24 22:43

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn