[SOLVED] Failure with main CB Subs plugin installation

3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #324967 by jross
Hi, I am using Joomla 3.9.27, CB2.6.0 and php7.4.
I have tried installing the CB Subs plugin and get the 500 internal server error.
I have looked through various forum posts on this topic and have followed through the various suggestions.
When I use the Check CB Plugins Database tool, I get the following message
CB plugin "CB Paid Subscriptions" database structure differences:
Table #__cbsubs_notifications does not exist
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets does not exist
Table #__cbsubs_payment_items does not exist
Table #__cbsubs_payment_totalizers does not exist
Table #__cbsubs_payments does not exist
Table #__cbsubs_plans does not exist
Table #__cbsubs_subscriptions does not exist
The CB plugin "CB Paid Subscriptions" database structure differences

When I click on "Click here to fix (adjust) all CB plugin "CB Paid Subscriptions" database differences listed above" to fix the table errors, I get this message......

An error has occurred.

1118 Row size too large (> 8126). Changing some columns to TEXT or BLOB may help. In current row format, BLOB prefix of 0 bytes is stored inline.


How can I fix this error? I can use phpMyAdmin but need some specific instructions on what to do.

Thanks,

JR

Full System Info below

ystem Information
Setting Value

PHP Built On Linux usng01.directrouter.com 3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.52.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Apr 13 05:36:43 EDT 2021 x86_64
Database Type mysql
Database Version 5.5.5-10.3.26-MariaDB
Database Collation latin1_swedish_ci
Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version 7.4.16
Web Server LiteSpeed
WebServer to PHP Interface litespeed
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.9.27 Stable [ Amani ] 25-May-2021 15:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:88.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/88.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 3 weeks ago #324969 by beat
I just tested using 5.5.5-10.3.29-MariaDB with correct settings:

Database Version 5.5.5-10.3.29-MariaDB
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci

using bitnami/joomla docker-compose installation, and it installs without problems.

In your database settings you have:

Database Collation latin1_swedish_ci
Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci

Where those are not really compatible. Your Database Collation should be utf8_general_ci or better, utf8mb4_ci.

There are other MariaDB settings that may be wrong too, there are threads for those too.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: jross

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 3 weeks ago #324970 by jross
Thanks Beat, that's brilliant.
I changed the collation as you suggested and hey presto, everything works fine now.
Well done and thank you.
JR

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 3 weeks ago #324971 by beat
Great!

And thank you for having helped too by providing the "boring" full information that allowed to help you efficiently :-)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn