CB zip file corrupt?

17 years 7 months ago #21574 by whinecountry
CB zip file corrupt? was created by whinecountry
I have a fresh install of Joomla! 1.0.11. Only Joomla! installed on the server. Joomla! is working fine. I have the CB files and I've read the readmen.txt and the two PDF documents. Anyhow, when I go to the first step, the comprofiler.zip I get two errors: Upload component - Upload Failed ERROR: Could not find an XML setup file in the package.
then:
Upload component - Failed
Installation file not found: .../media/install_4519a6d55ec8e/

I thought maybe I downloaded a corrupt zip file since it was saying there is a file missing so I started over and downloaded it again. Started over but still getting the same errors.

Any help appreciated.
thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #21578 by whinecountry
Replied by whinecountry on topic FIXED!
In case anyone has this problem in the future, when I turned Safe Mode off, this resolved the problem! It would be nice to have a detailed install manual that address pre-requisites like this. Safe-mode is not mentioned inthe readme.txt or the CB_1.0_STABLE.PDF or the CB1.0_STABLE-INST.pdf

17 years 7 months ago #21587 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:FIXED!
whinecountry wrote:

In case anyone has this problem in the future, when I turned Safe Mode off, this resolved the problem! It would be nice to have a detailed install manual that address pre-requisites like this. Safe-mode is not mentioned inthe readme.txt or the CB_1.0_STABLE.PDF or the CB1.0_STABLE-INST.pdf

Unfortunately this is a Joomla issue.
There are many posts on the Joomla forums about this.
Most/All Joomla component/module installations have problems with this.

But you are correct - the CB installatio guide and readme could/should mention this for the Joomla newbie.

17 years 7 months ago #21944 by Braiswick
Replied by Braiswick on topic Re:FIXED!
Safe mode? Can you tell me how I switch that off? I'm having the same trouble uploading CB zips

17 years 7 months ago #21947 by whinecountry
Replied by whinecountry on topic Re:FIXED!
I'm sure there are a lot smarter people here that can give you a better answer but I'll give it a shot:
If you're on a virtual server with a control panel like PLESK it is fairly simple:
Go to your domain e.g. (General)domains>yourdomain.com
then
(Hosting)Setup>(Services)PHP
PHP should be checked but the (PHP 'safe_mode' On) unchecked

otherwise to do it for just one site/domain (indicate the www and non-www for the domain) you want to find your httpd.conf and edit it. I believe it should say:
php_admin_flag safe_mode Off
if that doesn't work try:
php_admin_value safe_mode 0

If you're on a dedicated server with root access you can do it for the whole server:

edit your php.ini file and simply change safe_mode= on to = off.

Some webhosts won't let you do this so you may need to contact support if you don't have the necessary access to your server.

Braiswick wrote:

Safe mode? Can you tell me how I switch that off? I'm having the same trouble uploading CB zips

17 years 3 months ago #29395 by vebmoore
Replied by vebmoore on topic NOT fixed!
contacted my host and they confirmed

We are happy to inform you that safe_mode variable on all our shared servers is set to off:

mydeadpo@mydeadponyrecords.com [~]# php -i | grep safe | grep mode
safe_mode => Off => Off
safe_mode_gid => Off => Off
sql.safe_mode => Off => Off
safe_mode_allowed_env_vars => PHP_ => PHP_
safe_mode_protected_env_vars => LD_LIBRARY_PATH => LD_LIBRARY_PATH
mydeadpo@mydeadponyrecords.com [~]#

but I still cannot get some plugins to succeed. get the same xml error mentioned before! any help, please, as we're missing out on some awesome add-ons.

Post edited by: vebmoore, at: 2007/01/19 22:51

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.458 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn