::: HOW I CAN DISABLE CHANGE USERNAME AFTER REGIST

17 years 1 month ago #34168 by niteryder_sp
Replied by niteryder_sp on topic Re:::: HOW I CAN DISABLE CHANGE USERNAME AFTER REG
Ok later what i did is :

- I have community builder installed
- I used CB login
- I disabled 'Your Details' item in usermenu
- Add a new user menu item for the comprofiler component named 'Profile'. with this menu item user can also change their passwords or emails. they can also change usernames unless you don't do next step
- At Community Builder -> Configuration there is a 'User Profile' tab. You just set username as 'No' (the explanation for this field : Set to "Yes" to allow the username to be changed. If set to "No" then the username will not be editable after registration.)

So i solved it with community builder in my case, but i don't know what is the configuration parameter is ? yet...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #34181 by nant
niteryder_sp wrote:

you found it but where ?
do you just want us to be jealous :)
by which parameter we can disable username changes after registration?
when i click 'Your Details' link in user menu, user can edit his username...

one more time ...

joomla global parameters ...

17 years 1 month ago #34185 by juanfernandes
Replied by juanfernandes on topic Re:::: HOW I CAN DISABLE CHANGE USERNAME AFTER REG
nant wrote:

niteryder_sp wrote:

you found it but where ?
do you just want us to be jealous :)
by which parameter we can disable username changes after registration?
when i click 'Your Details' link in user menu, user can edit his username...

one more time ...

joomla global parameters ...

To explain what nant means for any newbies, like myself:

Under the Site tab, find Front-end User Params, select No and then click on Save.

This will make it so users cannot change their username!

Juan

17 years 1 month ago #34188 by niteryder_sp
Replied by niteryder_sp on topic Re:::: HOW I CAN DISABLE CHANGE USERNAME AFTER REG
Hi nant,

probably you are getting frustrated by this thread but i install joomla (1.0.12) one day ago and not really familiar with the terminology. so when you mention joomla global parameters it redirects me to Global configuration page in joomla administrator or globals.php in the folder. Sorry maybe i am dumb but maybe it is removed by 1.0.12 or it was never there in 1.0.12 and you are mentioning this for 1.5

but if you tell us the exact name of the parameter, i can say it is there or not. when i search google for 'disable username change' this thread is the first but there is no clear answer in the thread... please check the messages. First wemstudio asks and you answer joomla global parameters. although he read your answer then toyito says that he couldn't find it. 15 minutes later he found (he must be very smart) but he forgets to write where he found. a few days later wemstudio asks again.. approx. 10 days later. so wemstudio still couldn't find where it is. and again i ask, although i read your first answer...

So please i am asking again what is the parameter name?

17 years 1 month ago #34190 by niteryder_sp
Thanks a lot Juan, I read you answer after my reply. I also noticed that parameter (when i noticed params in its name) but i set it to NO and save but user maneged to change his username
i restart all the services again but no effect. user can change his username despite of this parameter...

maybe it is because i use community builder's login module...

for me it is ok now, i mean i disable 'Your details' link, instead user can change from CB profile

I also tested index.php?option=com_user&task=UserDetails
and users are not authorized to see page. so it is ok for me now...

17 years 1 month ago #34192 by nant
CB Configuration -> User Profile Tab -> first parameter set to No

The Joomla Global Parameter frontend editing setting deals with allowing or not users to chenge the default editor.

sorry for the mixup.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2007/03/23 09:55

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn