Manually install plugin !!

17 years 3 weeks ago #34817 by Toffe
Manually install plugin !! was created by Toffe
Ok.. I've been searching this forum for two days without luck.
I have a server with Safe Mode On (they will not change, and I can not change web hotel).

So I am on a SAFE MODE server and that's where I will have to stay.

So.. there MUST be some kind of way to install the CB plugins manually. All it should be doing is basically follow the XML file. But What do I need to do to do that

Will it be enough to copy the plugin to the CB plugins folder and then just add the tables to the database?

PLease.. I find many threads on this but no answers.
I really need help on this. There is VERY few webhotels
here that allows SAFE MODE OFF, there are sollutions to this, but what are they?

This is in the CB Profile Book XML:

[code:1]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <cbinstall version="1.0" type="plugin" group="user">
<name>CB ProfileBook</name>
<author>JoomlaJoe and Beat</author>
<creationDate>December 2005 - 2006.05.25</creationDate>
<copyright>(C) 2005-2006 www.joomlapolis.com
<license>www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU/GPL
<authorEmail>joomlajoe@joomlapolis.com
<authorUrl>www.joomlapolis.com
<version>1.0</version>
<description>Provides each registered user with there own Guestbook like system.</description>
- <files>
<filename plugin="cb.profilebook">cb.profilebook.php</filename>
<filename>index.html</filename>
<filename>bb_adm.js</filename>
<filename>classes/bbcode.inc.php</filename>
<filename>classes/index.html</filename>
<filename>language/english.php</filename>
<filename>language/index.html</filename>
<filename>smilies/angry.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/arrow.gif</filename>
<filename>smilies/blink.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/blush.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/cheerful.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/cool.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/devil.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/dizzy.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/ermm.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/grin.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/kissing.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/laughing.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/pinch.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/sad.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/shocked.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/sick.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/sideways.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/silly.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/smile.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/tongue.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/unsure.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/w00t.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/wassat.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/whistling.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/wink.png</filename>
<filename>smilies/none-arrow.gif</filename>
<filename>smilies/block-arrow.gif</filename>
<filename>smilies/index.html</filename>
</files>
- <params>
- <param name="pbStatRating" type="radio" default="1" label="Add Rating to Stats List" description="Adds the average user profile rating to the users stats section">
<option value="0">No</option>
<option value="1">Yes</option>
</param>
<param name="pbStatRatingText" type="text" default="_pb_DefaultRatingText" label="Stats Menu Label" description="Label to be used to show stats menu" />
</params>
- <tabs>
- <tab name="_pb_ProfileBook" description="" class="getProfileBookTab" fields="1" position="cb_tabmain" displaytype="tab">
- <params>
<param name="pbEntriesPerPage" type="text" default="10" label="Entries per Page" description="Number of entries shown per page." />
- <param name="pbSortDirection" type="list" default="DESC" label="Sort Order" description="Set the sort order of entries on a profile based on submission date/time.">
<option value="ASC">Ascending</option>
<option value="DESC">Descending</option>
</param>
<param name="@spacer" type="spacer" default="" label="" description="" />
- <param name="pbAllowAnony" type="radio" default="0" label="Anonymous Entries" description="Allow unregistered users to write entries.">
</param>
- <param name="pbEnableRating" type="list" default="2" label="Enable User Rating" description="Allow users to rate profile">
<option value="1">Yes, Optional</option>
<option value="2">Yes, Optional but Remind</option>
<option value="3">Yes, Mandatory</option>
</param>
- <param name="pbAllowSmiles" type="radio" default="1" label="Allow Smilies" description="Allow users add smilies to their post">
</param>
- <param name="pbAllowBBCode" type="radio" default="1" label="Allow BBCode" description="Allow users to add bbcode to their post">
</param>
- <param name="pbPagingEngabbled" type="radio" default="1" label="Enable Paging" description="Allow entries to automatically page when they exceed the number per page limit.">
</param>
- <param name="pbEnableGesture" type="radio" default="0" label="Enable Gesture" description="When a user is viewing an entry from another registered user a link will appear that will allow them to return the gesture.">
</param>
<param name="@spacer" type="spacer" default="" label="" description="" />
- <param name="pbUseLocation" type="radio" default="1" label="Use Location Field" description="Allow posters to enter a location as part of their entry">
</param>
<param name="pbLocationField" type="field" default="" label="Location Field" description="Select the name of the field which contains the equivalent field in the Community Build Field manager. If blank, registered users will be asked for a location." />
- <param name="pbUseWebAddress" type="radio" default="1" label="Use Web Address Field" description="Allow posters to enter a web address as part of their entry">
</param>
<param name="pbWebField" type="field" default="" label="Web Address Field" description="Select the name of the field which contains the equivalent field in the Community Build Field manager. If blank, registered users will be asked for a web address." />
</params>
- <fields>
- <field type="radio" title="_pb_EnableProfileBook" name="cb_pb_enable" description="_pb_EnableProfileBook_Desc" registration="0" readonly="0" profile="0">
<fieldvalue title="_UE_YES" ordering="1" sys="0" />
<fieldvalue title="_UE_NO" ordering="2" sys="0" />
</field>
- <field type="radio" title="_pb_AutoPublish" name="cb_pb_autopublish" description="_pb_AutoPublish_Desc" registration="0" readonly="0" profile="0">
</field>
- <field type="radio" title="_pb_NotifyMe" name="cb_pb_notifyme" description="_pb_NotifyMe_Desc" registration="0" readonly="0" profile="0">
</field>
</fields>
</tab>
</tabs>
- <install>
- <queries>
<query>CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `#__comprofiler_plug_profilebook` ( `id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `posterid` int(11) unsigned default NULL, `posterip` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `postername` varchar(255) default '', `posteremail` varchar(255) default NULL, `posterlocation` varchar(255) default NULL, `posterurl` varchar(255) default NULL, `postervote` int(11) unsigned default NULL, `postercomment` text NOT NULL, `date` datetime default NULL, `userid` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `feedback` text, `editdate` datetime default NULL, `editedbyid` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `editedbyname` varchar(255) default NULL, `published` tinyint(3) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ) TYPE=MyISAM</query>
</queries>
</install>
</cbinstall>[/code:1]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 weeks ago #34826 by Toffe
Replied by Toffe on topic Re:Manually install plugin !!
OK.. So I'm on my way...
I managed to run the XML without the files.
So now I copied the files...

It shows up with th plugins but it's greyed out and marked "not installed". I've copied all the files to the right positions.

What do I do to make it know it's installed?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 2.397 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn