Open a user profile with a specific tab opened

17 years 11 months ago #13950 by silexian
Hello

I'm wondering if it was possible, to open a user profile, and to open a specific tab, via the URL ?

Ex : http://............/tab,3/
or http://.............../#tab3

It may be cool no ?

help me decrease my Karma ! i AM a bad boy ;) Hurry up or i'm gonna eat your soul :p

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #14064 by hedingsi
sounds interesting:woohoo:

17 years 11 months ago #14084 by spikec
I am probably way out in left field here, but I don't think this is possible. If tabs are not nested, they are basically just block sections of the profile (<div></div> statements in html). You can only adjust which one appears first in the tab administator.

This brings up a good point though -- does anyone have a simple explanation of how to adjust the basic layout of the profile?
I've noticed on my site that kids can cut and paste "myspace" layouts into their profiles; some look good, and some not so good. I've also noticed that when you get into the tab layouts in administrator, the layouts are numbered in the far right column. Given a ton of time, I could probably write a treatise on how they work, but I don't have the time right now to play around with it.

There is nothing in the manual about how to do this, but knowing how smart the guys are who built this thing, I have to believe it is not random...

17 years 11 months ago #14090 by mikko
Since the tabs are switched with javascript it is possible to include a piece of javascript that checks a tabname from the url of the page and then sets this tab visible.

This is propably implemented to the core, but I do not have the documentation so I cannot check.

mikko

17 years 8 months ago #19471 by jeffason
/component/option,com_comprofiler/Itemid,0/task,userProfile/user,'Jeffason'/tab,getprofilebooktab

etc :D

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn