how do you get the "personal info" tab to show?

17 years 8 months ago #18119 by voodoolove1
When you're in the forum you can click on the little person icon to see the user's information.

I want users to be able to see other users "personal info" tab (as it's listed on this forum) or profile tab but I can't find the switch to turn that on.

I have the forum and connections tab showing but can't get the ability to see anything about the other user.

Any ideas how to turn this on?

Thanks! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #18124 by Syrinx
You have to create a custom one for your site. That's what CB is for ;)

17 years 8 months ago #18128 by voodoolove1
Replied by voodoolove1 on topic Re:how do you get the "personal info" tab to show?
I guess I'm not following you or you're not following me. :)

Right now in CB "edit your details" I can enter all kinds of personal info for myself such as:

Interests: +
Company: +
City: +
State: +
Zip Code: +
Address: +
Phone #: +
Fax #:

But there is no way that I can see to let other people view it, so what's the point of being able to enter this info if no one can see it?

Are you saying that CB built only half of this function? You can make it but no one can view it unless you yourself build some sort of custom tab? That doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe I'm missing someting?

:blink:

17 years 8 months ago #18168 by icfireball
I agree. The contact info core fields should be available in the field manager to be displayed or editted. For instance: I need to block certain contact fields from being editted by users, and would also like to be able to have a contact info tab.

17 years 8 months ago #18176 by Syrinx
Ok each one of those fields is editable in the CB Field Manager and has an option labeleld "Show on Profile?"

Set that to yes for each field you want visible.

17 years 8 months ago #18180 by icfireball
The username, email address, and name passwords are not available in CB Field Manager and therefore not displayable in a profile -- or editable -- (in terms of editting, I want to be able to turn editting off for those fields.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn