Does this work for anyone?

17 years 8 months ago #19356 by lostsheep
Does this work for anyone? was created by lostsheep
Anyone gotten this CB to work like they say it will?
Like do you have syncronization between mambo and joomla users?
If so, how did you do that?

If not, then am I wasting my time here? Because I swore I saw somewhere in the description that this could sync mambo and joomla users on the same website together.
I mean there is even a tool that describes it. Does syncronization mean something different to the developers than the english definition of it I learned in school? Does it have some sort of computer lingo meaning I don't get?

So anyone ever actually gotten this to work? Yes or a no will suffice.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #19360 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Does this work for anyone?
Yes

www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/140/37/ I really recommend the documentation.

mikko

17 years 8 months ago #19368 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Does this work for anyone?
lostsheep wrote:

Anyone gotten this CB to work like they say it will?
Like do you have syncronization between mambo and joomla users?
If so, how did you do that?

If not, then am I wasting my time here? Because I swore I saw somewhere in the description that this could sync mambo and joomla users on the same website together.
I mean there is even a tool that describes it. Does syncronization mean something different to the developers than the english definition of it I learned in school? Does it have some sort of computer lingo meaning I don't get?

So anyone ever actually gotten this to work? Yes or a no will suffice.

Synchronization between mambo and joomla users?

CB is a component that can be installed in either a mambo environment or in a joomla environment.

If installed in a Joomla environment (following installation instructions) and the cb login module is enabled (disabling at the same time the joomla login module) then every new user is automatically added to the jos_users table and to the jos_comprofiler table. These tables are always in sync - as long as all operations from here on are done via the CB backend. So if you delete a user from the CB User Manangement backend it will automatically be deleted from the Joomla User management area (not vise-versa).

The subscription documentation will certainly help to lighten the learning curve but it is not needed and if people experiment with the various parameters they can figure everything out. Just need to invest some quality time.
B)

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/08/22 14:02

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn