Post install is hell

17 years 8 months ago #19358 by lostsheep
Post install is hell was created by lostsheep
Installing this is easy. making it work after install is NOT.
Seriously... wtf?
Anyone seen ANY directions for post install? A manual?
Hints? Why is there no "Help" link on this website other than for the forums?

Under sitemap is the FAQ and some tips and tricks. Where is the frikkin manual? You can't release this stuff to the public and not have a manual man. You piss people off that way. "Hey come use my great new tool! I have forums that no one will answer you on to help you and no manuals!!! Good luck!"

Lost my desire to play with this anymore. It is a great concept though, I will check back in a year or so when you have a version ready to be tested.

Don't be discouraged by my negative attitude. Be motivated by it. You are on to something here, but you left out functionality and post install instructions.... (I want to point out that your installation directions are perhaps the best I have ever used in my Unix history. Whoever wrote those needs to write some post install stuff)

good luck :)

Post edited by: lostsheep, at: 2006/08/22 13:20

Post edited by: lostsheep, at: 2006/08/22 13:20

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #19359 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Post install is hell
www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/140/37/

I really recommend.

mikko

17 years 8 months ago #19370 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Post install is hell
lostsheep wrote:

Don't be discouraged by my negative attitude. Be motivated by it. You are on to something here, but you left out functionality and post install instructions.... (I want to point out that your installation directions are perhaps the best I have ever used in my Unix history. Whoever wrote those needs to write some post install stuff)

good luck :)

Not discouraged at all.
Thank you for your nice words (I wrote the installation pdf).
Also wrote the detailed guide that mikko referred to.

Lost my desire to play with this anymore. It is a great concept though, I will check back in a year or so when you have a version ready to be tested.

The current version works just fine and its installed on a multitude of Joomla/Mambo installations. Most people figure things out by investing time and experimenting with the parameters (thats how I wrote the manual). Similar concept with Joomla - there is some documentation but if people do not invest in real experimentation nothing is gained.

So, sorry you lost your desire to play - see ya.

B)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn