How to do the multipage registration?

17 years 8 months ago #19665 by fengxueye
How to do the multipage registration? was created by fengxueye
Hello everyone,

I am a Joomla developer for a while, when I am happy to know the CB as an extremely helpful component for it. While synchronzing, the table of users of joomla can be utilized by CB.

However, when I am trying to create a multipage registration form, I met problems, coz CB seems only providing fields, which can't be classified to each page. Considering a huge number of contents need to register, who can give me any suggestions on that?

Thanks all folks.

Jerry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #19668 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:How to do the multipage registration?
Two points:

1) web usability: as user you don't want to be asked more things than strictily necessary to perform a task or obtain something at a given point.

CB has been designed for not too long registration forms and for unlimited user profile editing, with tabs.

So you may want to consider if possible, breaking the infos required from your users in 2
- minimum at registration time
- rest in user profile (can make it mandatory there, so user must fill out all mandatory fields before being able to save profile)

It will only increase the success of your website.

CB does not provide multipage registrations out of the box, you need to code...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 8 months ago #19753 by fengxueye
Replied by fengxueye on topic Re:How to do the multipage registration?
Cheers!

I think this is helpful to me at this stage. I am going to look into it more
:)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn