Public E-mail and Method Questions

17 years 8 months ago #20522 by ajwagner777
Public E-mail and Method Questions was created by ajwagner777
I know this general question has been answered before. I am wanting to allow public users to e-mail registered users (registered users are restricted to employees only). I have hacked the code to allow this, and it works.

First Question: There is not a "From E-mail" field in the e-mail form. I know this was by design because it would normally uses the authenticated users profile. But in this situation it would send a blank "reply-to" field.

So, has anyone done it, or can it be done, to allow users to enter a reply-to e-mail in the e-mail form before sending like the standard contact component does.

Here's the next question. is there a place to specify HOW e-mails are sent. For example, if I do not have sendmail installed, and want to use SMTP to send mails, where do I specifyt that?

These two problems are very important to me continuing to use CB. I really like it because of the flexibility, but these are deal breakers for me.

Thanks!

Aaron Wagner

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #20589 by ajwagner777
Replied by ajwagner777 on topic Re:Public E-mail and Method Questions
Shameless Bump

Really need some advice on the first question... the second i have solved ( I think ).

Perhaps a developer can help me with this. I don't code... im not that smert

Post edited by: ajwagner777, at: 2006/09/08 23:34

17 years 7 months ago #20946 by ajwagner777
Replied by ajwagner777 on topic Re:Public E-mail and Method Questions
*** UPDATE ***

I managed to "rig" it so that users are linked to the contat form that comes with joomla by setting a link to that page on their profile. Obviously, this is not the very best way to do this, but hell, it works.

I appreciate all the help:ohmy:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn