JSMF/SMF and CB - CB causing a Username issue.

17 years 8 months ago #20903 by edenapple
Hello,

I've recently set up the JSMF bridge (SMF works nicely with CB!). I've brought all over my threads from Joomlaboard using the Official SMF converter script.

A problem with using this script was that it brought over all the threads fine, but instead of using the Joomla username as the thread author/poster it used the real name.

To get over this (with much help from Wolverine) I ran the following query:

UPDATE smf_members SET realName=memberName

This fixed the problem fine.

However I have discovered when a user updates their CB profile (changes anything in it at all other than picture) the Username that gets reverted back to Real Name in SMF.

Is there any way I can stop this from happening? I've had a series of problems (at no fault of JSMF) and I am near fixing it all if I can just get over this Username issue.

I'd really appreciate some help with this.

Thank you.

TE

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #20937 by edenapple
Anyone?

17 years 7 months ago #21070 by edenapple
Still searching for a solution to this problem.

17 years 7 months ago #21200 by edenapple
Would it be asking too much for a developer to reply to this thread?

I mean its been *6 days* since I created this thread and not one official CB developer has bothered replying to it.

3 official Joomlapolis/CB developers who visit this forum regularly and not one has taken like 20 seconds to reply with with even a single word...

I can appreciate you are not obligated to reply to threads, but to be honest its just polite to add a simple "You can't do it" or "You need to..." instead of completely ignoring a thread from someone who passionately uses your product.

Thanks.

Post edited by: edenapple, at: 2006/09/20 05:07

17 years 7 months ago #22185 by Wolverine
This is somethign I overlooked in the user sync functionality of JSMF. Basically, I am not checking if you have set Sync Usernames Only to Enabled when updating a user from CB to SMF. It should be fixed in JSMF 2.0.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn