Conditional entries

17 years 7 months ago #22659 by RakiuraSkies
Conditional entries was created by RakiuraSkies
Greetings.

I have searched the forums here, without finding anything that completely answered my query. I hope that someone else may have the answer!

What I am hoping is that CB will allow a condition to be set, and publish variable registration data based on the response to that condition... am I explaining myself properly here??? For example the condition may be: "Do you own a car?" If the response is "No" then just the basic registration information is required; if the response is "Yes" then additional data such as the make, model, colour etc are required during the registration process. I would prefer that the response be a simple on/off yes/no radio-button field. There may be a requirement for more than one conditional response within the registration process.

Thanks for the assist!

Regards

RS

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #22667 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Conditional entries
There is no such feature built into CB (or Joomla).
The closest thing would be a plugin mikko wrote and you probably would need extra code.

Search the forum for mikko's plugins.

17 years 7 months ago #22674 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Conditional entries
Conditions plugin does what you describe, but it does not currently support radio buttons or multiple check boxes. Implementing these should not be a big task if you know javascript at decent level and are familiar with php.

Download the plugin and the plugin API documentation from this site and see if you can modify it for your needs.

mikko

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn