next button on profile

17 years 6 months ago #23580 by morh
next button on profile was created by morh
Hi.

Thanks for an awesome component:)

I just wondered if its possible to get a next and last button right on the profile?

So people can browse all the profiles without going back to the cb list?

If you f.example look at this profile www.lhkherrer.no/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,userProfile/user,80/Itemid,28/
I want a next button at the bottom here.

Another question is if its possible to copy lists. I am making lots of list just with different search criterias, (f.example one shows only coaches, other just players etc but with the same layout and fields) is very frustration to have to make the list from scratch everytime when only one criteria is the difference.

Post edited by: morh, at: 2006/10/31 16:30

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 6 months ago #23681 by morh
Replied by morh on topic Re:next button on profile
no one?

My site has gone live and I really could need a next button on my profiles.

17 years 6 months ago #23705 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:next button on profile
You can copy lists quite easily by going to the database and duplicating rows in the table that defines the fields.

About the next and last button: It is possible, but quite complicated. First, it is hard to determine which list the user is viewing. Then you would need a way to carry this information over to the profile page, where you would somehow need to translate it to the next userid.

You could make a plugin to show the arrows, fetch the list ID from the browser history using javascript, then fetch the next userid with ajax after having resolved it on the server side.

Another option would be hacking the CB core in such a way that when list is drawn, the listid is stored in the session. Then the arrows can be done as a plugin, where you resolve the next userid on the server side.

I doubt that anyone wants to code this just for fun.

mikko

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn