Login issues

17 years 1 month ago #34401 by mwbarker
Login issues was created by mwbarker
Has anybody else run into a problem logging in? What happens on 2 of my sites is that I login, but it does not show me as logged in; in other words, the login box still shows with the boxes for username and password. Once I click on another location in the site, then it shows me as logged in (refreshing the page doesn't work). Any ideas what might cause this type of behavior?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 weeks ago #34795 by mcurrey
Replied by mcurrey on topic Same Login issues
Your're not alone. I have the same problem with my site (michaelcurrey.com). I'm thinking of using joomla to create other site with but not if I can't find an answer to this problem... have you learned anything since your post?

Hello all! I'm hoping that I can do great things with this software and am willing to help out in my own way to it's success.

17 years 3 weeks ago #34838 by mwbarker
Replied by mwbarker on topic Re:Same Login issues
Yeah, actually I finally found it in another post, though I can't remember where exactly. It had to do with me logging in at my site at www.mysite.com, but once I logged in, it had me at mysite.com; in other words, without the www.

I had to update my configuration.php file to make sure the site URL was www.mysite.com and make sure that anybody coming to the site would have the www. added in front if it wasn't there already (through a .htaccess file).

Now all is well. Hope that makes sense.

16 years 8 months ago #42068 by maroco
Replied by maroco on topic Re:Login issues
This seems to have fixed my problem i change my live site under configuration.php to www.mysite.com and it works. With mysite.com being my domain of course.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn