restrict editing in user profile per tab

16 years 11 months ago #37429 by Gideon76
Is there any way to restrict the users ability to edit certain tabs?

Practical Application
For instance I would like users/clients to be able to edit personal profile info, or even post some company info publically, but need to have multiple tabs representing private account information that would not be public and I would need to enter/post the info as the administrator, and restrict users from editing anything in those tabs. Is this possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 2 weeks ago #60632 by wayneb
Replied by wayneb on topic Re:restrict editing in user profile per tab
I have a similar need. I'm looking to have multiple tabs that are visible to users, but one tabs are only editable by 'author/editors' while the others are editable by 'registered' or above, and all tabs are visible to registered users.

So far, all it appears I can do is restrict who can see the tab/fields, not who can edit them. Any help, suggests, or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm getting ready to try and hack up something to do what I need which feels like a bad idea.... ;)

16 years 2 weeks ago #60675 by beat
I don't have a ready-to-go solution yet, except that this is on our wish-list for a not-to-much-future release of CB . I recall seeing a hack suggestion for this some time ago in this forum, a search might help you.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 2 weeks ago #60737 by mikko
You can do this with Advanced Profile Control component and possibly also with Privacy Policy plugin.

Mikko

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn