Database Error With connections

16 years 11 months ago #38259 by chingto
Database Error With connections was created by chingto
Hi All,

I installed CB 1.02 on a new site. Excellent addition to Joomla! I have a database error message however when a user attempts to request or delete a connection with another user. Actually, dispite the error message, the connection request or deletion does actually go through. However, since the user is taken to an other wise blank page with a long red eroor message they understandably get nervous. Does anyone have any idea of what might be happening here and possibly solution? An example of the error is pasted below. Thanks for your help! :)

Error Message:

SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'username' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO jos_pms (username,whofrom,date,readstate,subject,message) VALUES('test','admin',NOW(),0,'Connection Removed!','
NOTE: This is a message generated automatically by the Connections system. It has the connecting user\'s address, so you can conveniently reply if you wish to.
\n\nadmin has removed your connection!\n

Manage Connections\n');
SQL =
INSERT INTO jos_pms (username,whofrom,date,readstate,subject,message) VALUES('test','admin',NOW(),0,'Connection Removed!','NOTE: This is a message generated automatically by the Connections system. It has the connecting user\'s address, so you can conveniently reply if you wish to.\n\nadmin has removed your connection!\nManage Connections\n');

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #38299 by wingflap
Replied by wingflap on topic Re:Database Error With connections
Do you have a message system installed and published? I believe at the point of your error message, the connection information has already been written to the db. It seems to be choking trying to set up a private message. If you don't have a pms installed but have the pms enabled in your CB config, then I could see something like that happening.

I am the Wingflap. Goo Goo G'Joob!<br>

How comfortable are you? Visit www.comfortometer.com

16 years 9 months ago #41858 by MarcusZ
Replied by MarcusZ on topic Re:Database Error With connections
I struggeled all day with the same problem and I found a (THE?) solution for this behaviour...
this is what I did>> Backend>>Components>> CB >> select Plugin Management and edit PMS MyPMS and Pro.
Now select in the parameters section from the first drop down menu (PMS Component type: ) the matching/correct pms system that you installed.
(in my case pms enhanced).
That did it!!
:woohoo:

Hope this works for you as well! Greetings!

Post edited by: MarcusZ, at: 2007/07/31 00:01

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn