remove username facility

16 years 11 months ago #38665 by johnsimpson
remove username facility was created by johnsimpson
Hi,

My client is having trouble with his customers logging into the system. I think that the main problem is that his customers are not very computer literate and are forgetting their username / creating an obscure username with spaces and upper/lowercase characters in.

Ideally what i want to do is to make is so that the user doesnt need create a username and that the system will use their email address for their username.

Im using Joomla v1.0.11 and VM 1.0.7 (upgrading isnt really an option as we have customised the site heavily) + Community Builder 1.0.2

is this possible? - it doesnt need to be an official hack, maybe forcing the username to be hidden and to pass the email address through as the value for username? - i just dont know what to edit / where the appropriate pages are

thanks
John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #38680 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:remove username facility
we are currently stuck by core joomla rules for usernames, as we don't want to be incompatible. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 11 months ago #38692 by johnsimpson
Replied by johnsimpson on topic Re:remove username facility
hi thanks for your reply,

does this mean its not possible or that CB simply are not allowed to release a version with this facility?

If its the latter, is there any hack or work around that i can use?

thanks
john

16 years 7 months ago #45665 by johnmce
Replied by johnmce on topic Re:remove username facility
I have the same issue and would like to hear any possible hacks etc. I've modified the core joomla registration before to use only email...think the same should be possible with CB?

cheers

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn