bulk edits to users - a com

16 years 10 months ago #40009 by jciconsult
bulk edits to users - a com was created by jciconsult
Some time ago, I found a modified version of the JUICE com (courtesy of Billt) on the newbies forum. I have finally got around to substantial modifications. The current working version allows
a) arbitrary CB fields (i.e. the extra fields)
b) standard CSV files readable with fgetccsv

I am thinking about releasing it as soon as I have added an EDIT feature. This will replace any fields and should allow adding a field to CB at a later date in a bulk way.

When I have completed the com, I want to release it for community user/development. What is the best process to do that in an organized way.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #45628 by firepol
Replied by firepol on topic Re:bulk edits to users - a com
hi there,

I'm very interested in a bulk edit plugin... are there some news about your work/modifications? It would be really nice if you publish something (I will be glad to test it out if you need a tester ;) ).

Cheers

16 years 7 months ago #45634 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Re:bulk edits to users - a com
The edit feature was added some time ago. It was released as CBJUICE. Look in the extensions section of joomla.org.

16 years 7 months ago #45658 by firepol
Replied by firepol on topic Re:bulk edits to users - a com
thank you, I found it: CBJuice (on extensions.joomla.org)

I will test it, expect some bug reports ;)

16 years 7 months ago #45669 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Re:bulk edits to users - a com
one "feature" is that the minimum edit set is username, lastname, and one of the additional cb profile fields. Basically this is because last name is in the users table along with user name and the other fields are in the cb comprofiler table.

I will probably do a major change to the code in a few weeks. The code still uses the MD5 password hash. However, because of the upward compatible code in Joomla 0.13 that is not posing a problem. I have no plans to support any flavour of Mambo.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn