speed!

16 years 8 months ago #42186 by klowe
speed! was created by klowe
Are there any tips on how to speed up CB? I have a dedicated server with 1 gig of ram. I have joomla caching turned on, module caching and a joomla caching component. I have allocated more RAM to mysql and upped the max clients. The site is fast but clicking on CB profiles there is a lag...sometimes like 19 seconds! any help would help!
thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #42228 by klowe
Replied by klowe on topic Re:speed!
really? Nobody suffers from speed issues?

16 years 8 months ago #42243 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:speed!
I know what you're talking about. The culprit more times than not appears to be CB's tab behaviors, which load all of a profile's content upon the initial request. Caches might store up the queries that pull content, but it's still a big document.

The way to resolve this would at this point require quite a few changes in the core, maybe using Mootools (a Javascript Framework included in Joomla 1.5) to handle tabs and AJAX calls. But that would be very difficult to do if one of the primary goals of the project is backward compatibility.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.587 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn