how to hide a tab that have published fields.

16 years 7 months ago #45095 by houbahop
Hi,

I have created a plugin that format some cb_fields in a particular way that I was wanting.

Those fields are filled in registration and can be updated in profile parameters.

The problem is that if I want to hide the tab that show those fields and only print the tab that my plugin has created(to avoid having it twice), I need to unpublish those fields.

But there is two problems with this solution :

- in the registration form, the fields are marked as not visible in profile wich is false since I print them with my plugin.
-More important problem : CB advanced search allow searchs in published fields only.

If needed I will modify cb advanced search, but I would prefer to have a proper way to do it.

Do you have some ideas please ?

thanks,

Houbahop.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #45151 by mikko
Set fields column of the tab in comprofiler_tabs to 0 and move these fields to this tab. A lot of plugins do this. Check out some of the plugins that come with CB. They have fields, but the fields do not show.

Then implement getRegistrationTab() function to your plugin to collect information for these fields in the registration.

-Mikko

16 years 7 months ago #45266 by houbahop
Hi Mikko and thanks,

I have first set the fields to "visible in profile" wich has showed the second tab.

Then, I have set the fields column to 0 fot this tab wich has hidden the tab like I was wanting to.

However, the problem now is that the users can not modify those fields in their profile. (too, the fields no longer appear in cb-> fields, but that is not very annoying for me.)

What can I do ? Must I create an other tab that only appears in the profile config ? Is getRegistrationTab() usefull for that ?

Thanks,

Houb.

16 years 7 months ago #45267 by houbahop
Hi Mikko and thanks,

I have first set the fields to "visible in profile" wich has showed the second tab.

Then, I have set the fields column to 0 fot this tab wich has hidden the tab like I was wanting to.

However, the problem now is that the users can not modify those fields in their profile. (too, the fields no longer appear in cb-> fields, but that is not very annoying for me.)

What can I do ? Must I create an other tab that only appears in the profile config ? Is getRegistrationTab() usefull for that ?

Thanks,

Houb.

EDIT : I have seeked for getRegistrationTab in cb's manual without succes. However, I have found about getDisplayRegistration() and saveDisplayRegistration().
I'm not sure to understand, but is the plugin making a local copy of the field content?

Post edited by: houbahop, at: 2007/09/08 11:22

16 years 6 months ago #46786 by houbahop

16 years 6 months ago #47400 by houbahop
UP !

Can I have help with this question please ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn