Community Builder + Joomla SEO Problems

16 years 7 months ago #46423 by rogerleecormier
Community Builder + Joomla SEO Problems was created by rogerleecormier
I am having a problem using the latest version of Community Builder with JoomSEF. The problem I am having actually does not come from JoomSEF, but from the default SEO for Joomla. Let me explain.

JoomSEF requires that in the "Global Configuration" file, under the "SEO" tab, "Search Engine Friendly URLs" needs to be turned on and active. However, when doing so, whether JoomSEF is being used or it is not being used, there are links in Community Builder that are rendered useless. I know of one specific area, but I am sure there are more. I have tested this with JoomSEF installed and not installed, and have found the problem to have been caused by the regular Joomla SEO setup. Let me describe the issue I am having now.

If a memberlist is posted, the right column that contains the "View Profile" links become useless links that send the user back to the homepage of the website. After using Joomla's Search Engine Friendly URLs, the URLS for the "View Profile" links get converted to the following:

[code:1]http://localhost:85/mvg/#[/code:1]

Using Firefox's Firebug extension, I have found that the specific code that renders those particular links is as follows:

[code:1]<a class="readon" onclick="javascript:window.location='http://localhost:85/mvg/profile/userprofile-5.html';" style="text-decoration: underline;" href="#">View Profile[/code:1]

Now, I am not a master of any particular development language. I know a bit here and there of a lot of areas, and I can easily edit whatever I may need to edit. However, I cannot find where this particular link code is for the memberlist. Notice in the code above, that the proper URL's are given for the links that they should be sent to (via JoomSEF), however, because it is a Javascript "onscript" function, it renders only the "#" instead.

Does anyone know a way around this? I may be hitting something very basic, and I really would like to get this resolved. I have searched this site and many other sites via Google, but I have not found any solutions...or any discussions on this topic at all.

Thanks in advance for any help you may give.

Post edited by: rogerleecormier, at: 2007/09/23 03:30

Post edited by: rogerleecormier, at: 2007/09/23 03:30

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #46442 by beat
Sorry, the code you are refering to is not generated by Community Builder.

Maybe another extension ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 7 months ago #46448 by rogerleecormier
Replied by rogerleecormier on topic Re:Community Builder + Joomla SEO Problems
My apologies. I did not pay attention to the version number of the Community Builder this client has installed. It is very much an older version. I will recommend an update to them. I can see why you would not find what I am looking for when I am posting in the forums for CB 1.1 when the client has pre-installed before my work, version 1.0.2.

Meh, just when I thought things were going to go easier for me....

16 years 7 months ago #46450 by beat
No problem, moving thread to CB 1.0.2 forum, as this is solved in CB 1.1.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn