Incorrect Error Message - Possible Bug?

17 years 10 months ago #14198 by bdkyle
I'm hesistant to claim that this is a "bug", which is why I posted it in the "Newbies" section, but I have received notice from a couple users that they received a contradictory error message when they updated their profiles, and was wondering why this occurs and if there is anyway to fix it.

Rather than crosspost, please read the post in the Newbies section if there is insight that you can provide.

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #14588 by bdkyle
Replied by bdkyle on topic Re:Incorrect Error Message - Possible Bug?
As a follow up, I have posted a screen shot of the contradictory error message as Nick requested in the original thread.

I've received five reports and two identical screen shots, which out of the total number of users is microscopic, but it's still troubling to those who have reported it. I haven't been able to reproduce the error myself. They are using a variety of browsers on both MacOS X and Windows XP, so I'm pretty sure that it isn't related to anything client side. My hunch is that it happens when the SQL databases are hit by a large enough number of users that it takes a while for it to find the record, and so spits out both messages. I could be completely wrong though.

Anyone else experience this apparent bug? How did you fix it?

Alternately, if my hunch is correct, would it be advisable to change the error message? How would I change it? Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.863 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn