Articles tab

17 years 11 months ago #14541 by leeshipley
Articles tab was created by leeshipley
I've had Community Builder up and running for about a month now with only a few small newbie type hiccups but I have just run into what seems to be either a bug or a serious limitation.

My website, BayJournal.com.au has a lot of articles--550 at last count and growing daily. Most of these are logged under my name because the authors are from various other places and don't need to be registered.

Suddenly, for no apparent reason, my profile won't show if I have the author tab turned on. I get a blank screen so I know that something pretty serious has happened. The rest of the registered authors show just fine. Turn the tab back off and the profile appears as normal.

I have run through the permissions, checked for corruption and generally made sure everything is okay. I have searched the forums but been unable to get any guidance on this problem. Would it be something to do with the sheer number of articles under my name? I hope someone can give me a clue.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #14562 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Articles tab
I don't think the number would be a problem.

I know you checked but I'd suspect some kind of corrupt file. Perhaps even an open table in your DB that should be close. Perhaps run a repair/check on your db.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

17 years 11 months ago #14841 by leeshipley
Replied by leeshipley on topic Re:Articles tab
Thank you mediaguru,

I suspect you may be right that it could be some kind of corruption in the files. The problem is now spread to being an error with trying to look at any profile independant of whether the author tab is on or not.

Tried to do a repair on the db but it turned up no errors. Will try it again in the hope of clearing the issue.

Fresh out of other ideas--short of rebuilding the whole of the extension at this point. Not a good look.

Lee.

17 years 10 months ago #15466 by totalaccess
Replied by totalaccess on topic Re:Articles tab
hows does one post articles?

17 years 10 months ago #15473 by leeshipley
Replied by leeshipley on topic Re:Articles tab
totalaccess wrote:

hows does one post articles?

Joomla has two ways of posting articles:
1. A front-end link for registered users if the administrator decides that it would be a good idea.
2. From the back-end administration menus.

Community builder facility is, as far as I know, read only listing the articles submitted by a particular person in their profile. The CB Author bot creates links from article authors back to their CB profile where they appear as a list under another tab like the extra info or forum information tabs. It was contributed by JoomlaJoe and compatible with CB 1.0. You will find it in the downloads under "CB 1.0 Add-ons".

It is an excellent extension.

17 years 10 months ago #15497 by totalaccess
Replied by totalaccess on topic Re:Articles tab
thanks. I got it all to work well!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn