Cannot Change Admin Profile in Backend

17 years 10 months ago #14818 by bzn
When I try to change the Admin Profile in the Backend in the CB User Management I get the message: "You cannot save yourself"

this looks like a bug because every admin should be able to change his/her profile, especially in the backend!

I tested it with CB 1.0 stable and Joomla 1.0.8 / 1.0.9

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #14820 by silexian
Replied by silexian on topic Re:Cannot Change Admin Profile in Backend
yes, i have that thing too.
you'd better add a bug entry in the joomla forge (forge.joomla.org, on the Community Builder project)

help me decrease my Karma ! i AM a bad boy ;) Hurry up or i'm gonna eat your soul :p

17 years 10 months ago #14827 by nant
Dont think this is a bug.
Think its a security measure.

17 years 10 months ago #14949 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Cannot Change Admin Profile in Backend
I had seen this error before and finally tracked it down...

The error message was "You cannot save Yourself!"

Turns out that this message comes from a function checkCBpermissions that has an optional argument on wheter to allow changes to your self or not... the save function just happens to not set that argument and it defaults to false...

Nant/Beat,

Can we confirm that this is a desired security feature?

For the phpbb Connector (soon to be CB connector) there is a variable Forum ID which is currently enabled on the admin side... this allows the admin to adjust forum IDs manually if needed... I currently disable this on the Edit Profile side to prevent users from manually setting their forum ID to someone else's login... However with this new security feature the admin now does not have a way to adjust his/her forum ID... as they can't save in the admin side (becuase they logged in as themselves) and they can't change it on the front end because I have that disabled for general use on the edit tab...

Any suggestions? Can this be made into a CB Configuration setting?

Thanks,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 10 months ago #14959 by beat
bzn wrote:

When I try to change the Admin Profile in the Backend in the CB User Management I get the message: "You cannot save yourself"

this looks like a bug because every admin should be able to change his/her profile, especially in the backend!

I tested it with CB 1.0 stable and Joomla 1.0.8 / 1.0.9

yes a bug for the bugtracker at forge...thanks !

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn