Language can be viewed at some pages but not other

17 years 9 months ago #16239 by Kayenumb
Dear development team and CB experts,

I am using UTF-8 encoding to allow multiple languages to be used on my site. I am facing problem with Japanese words being showing up without problem at some pages but not on some other pages. To be specific, I can view the language correctly when I view the member fields at the backend administration.

However, the field texts are not displayed properly when I view them via member list and profile page.

Other information:
1. I made sure that when the user enters the information, browser setting is UTF-8 encoding.
2. When I view the page both in backend and in profile page, I use UTF-8 encodings.
3. Some Japanese words are displaying okay in profile page. (such as the field name.) But the problem is with the field text that the user actually fills in.

This is very important for me to build a well rounded international community. Please help.

Kayenumb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #16343 by nant
I am using a similar setup with Greek language and I do not have the problem you are describing.
Are the UTF values being encoded properly in the database?

17 years 9 months ago #16367 by Kayenumb
Sorry Nant for the dump question. How do I check encodings used in the database?

17 years 9 months ago #16368 by Kayenumb
At the post www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,639/catid,10/limit,6/limitstart,0/ User Caspar states that problem solves after upgrading to joomla 1.0.4. Would updating Joomla solve the problem with Japanese encoding?

17 years 9 months ago #16369 by nant
Kayenumb wrote:

Sorry Nant for the dump question. How do I check encodings used in the database?

guess you have to use phpmyadmin and see what kind of strings are in the database tables.

17 years 9 months ago #16370 by nant
Kayenumb wrote:

At the post www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,639/catid,10/limit,6/limitstart,0/ User Caspar states that problem solves after upgrading to joomla 1.0.4. Would updating Joomla solve the problem with Japanese encoding?

try it!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn