Can't Login to frontend - Solution Included

17 years 9 months ago #18644 by spl0it
This solution is not directly linked to community builder but as many like myself may find you tend to check the sites of your components for bug fixes so I thought I'd post this one here as well.

After many hours of testing various solutions I believe I've found the solution.

There is a nice discussion at: forge.joomla.org/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.joomfish/discussion.joomfish_installation_administra.topc4039?_message=1155316795244

The problem occurs with certain IIS setups and guest evaluating to '' when it should be 0. I have 3 servers setup running IIS and only one was affected.

This may not be your issue as if you typed in correct information into my site it would post back but fail to login properly... IE. impossible to login.

I thought it was related to the joomfish component as if you unpublish the mambot you could login. However I noticed a discussion about the error in Joomla v1.5 forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,37818.msg208600.html#msg208600... and a similar fixed turned out to work for 1.0.10.

That fix is:

I believe I've come up with a solution (Thanks for the help Geraint).

In includes/database.php function updateObject line #570 (aprox).

Change the line starting at if( $v === NULL ...

if ($v === NULL && !$updateNulls) {
continue;
}
if( $v == '0' ) {
$val = 0;
}
elseif( $v == '' ) {
$val = 0;
} else {
$val = $this->Quote( $v );
}

This is for the login bug that affects Joomla 1.0.10.

Post edited by: spl0it, at: 2006/08/11 20:38

Post edited by: spl0it, at: 2006/08/11 20:39

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn