Error when sending email from user profile in cb..

17 years 8 months ago #19273 by fatmalooz
Help please.

I get a strange message displayed when I try to send email to someone through the email form link in a CB user list. It displays the email form, but down before the submit button it displays this line (which is in the comprofiler.html.php file):

IMPORTANT: If you continue your email address will become available to the user who you are emailing.
id.$rowTo->password.$rowTo->lastvisitDate.$rowFrom->password.$rowFrom->lastvisitDate); ?>" />

...then when I type a message and hit send email, it appears to work, but why the message??

site is www.circlecenter.com/gathering - click people&profiles link...

thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #19274 by nant
The message is clear.
Upto this point no one (outside the admin of the site) knows your email address. If however you choose to send an email to a fellow user then this user automatically sees your email (so he/she can respond to the email).

Certainly not a bug.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/08/21 10:21

17 years 8 months ago #19461 by LordMerlin
Nick, there' some PHP code being displayed after the message.

I'm sure that's not supposed to be there.

On a slight different note, for those of us who don't want to even display the friendly warning, where do we disable it?

* cPanel :: Fantastico :: RVSkin :: WHM :: ModernBill
* Reseller Hosting :: SSL Certificates :: Domain Registrations :: Affiliate Program
* Blog Hosting :: CMS Hosting :: Forum Hosting :: E-Commerce Hosting

SoftDux- The Leaders in Software

17 years 8 months ago #19473 by nant
The php code should not be displayed - at least its not on this site and unhacked installations (unless this is a bug - but hasnt been reported as far as i know).

If you dont want the message you should be able to find the language string in the language file and set it to empty, null (="").

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn