Login bug.. should this work?

17 years 8 months ago #20053 by wrighty
Login bug.. should this work? was created by wrighty
Hello everyone,
I have installed CB for the first time ever on a site, and would you believe I couldnt log in!!!
After spending to many hours wading through the forum reading about the login issues, I seemed to get nowhere and not even quickly.
My issue was this - Installed components/modules as per the destructions - went to login and it either diverted back to the site homepage without logging me in, or threw up a "not allowed to view this resource" error on me.
I noticed 2 things, the site user count still went up, and if yoy tick the "remember me" box before logging in, it worked fine????
I no nothing of coding, php, and the likes, except what you play with from creating joomla sites.
So i had nothing to lose and fired up mod_cblogin.php in dreamweaver and decided to fiddle.
What is printed below is the first thing i thought looked like it could be a candidate for playing with, so i decided to comment it out like so (approx line 30).

/*// avoid unauthorized page acces at very first login after registration confirmation
if (eregi( 'index.php\?option=com_comprofiler&task=confirm&confirmCode=', $return)) $return = "index.php";*/

Bugger me I could log in fine!!!!!!!

I dont know what issues this may raise, like i said, I was just fiddling and no nothing of coding or the effects this could have, but it worked for logging in. If someone with greater knowledge would care to ponder this and give some feedback regarding wether or not this is a suitable thing to do please do it.

I would like to instal on my live site, but will wait to hear about an answer to this post.

Happy coding whoever

wrighty

Me, ime just a lawnmower, you can tell me by the way that i walk!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.399 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn