Cannot access profiles

16 years 10 months ago #40957 by roblesvic
Cannot access profiles was created by roblesvic
I am having a problem on my website. Non of the registered users can access other peoples profiles through the modules installed in the website (new users, online users, random user modules). When you click on a user's username you get the "access denied, you must register to view profiles" message. The only way users can access profiles is thorugh their connections tab in their profile, or through the directory, but not through any module installed (modules mentioned above). The modules do work properly when I enter as Admin, but not as a registered user. So it is not a module problem because all modules installed will not allow you to access profiles. They were working fine before, they started acting up recently. I did add an .htaaccess file required by the Profile URL plugin, but removed it temporarily to see if this was the problem, but nothing happened. Please help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #40974 by dartagnan
Replied by dartagnan on topic Re:Cannot access profiles
Well if you are sure it happened because of the profile url plugin, then uninstall it and put your original .htaccess back. It should make all work fine. Are you sure you did not install anything else before your problem appeared?
good luck;)

Planet Asia Asian tradition culture and community

16 years 10 months ago #41020 by roblesvic
Replied by roblesvic on topic Re:Cannot access profiles
Thanks for your reply... I am not sure if it was the profile URL plugin that did it. I already tried uninstalling it and removing the .htaccess file, but this did not fix the problem. I don't know if that plugin changed something in a Joomla file that may have stayed behind after deletion. The one other thing that I installed was the avatar matrix 5 module, but I don't know if that changed anything.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn