HTML Customized Profile - Myspace Style

17 years 10 months ago #16269 by weaselbringer
HTML Customized Profile - Myspace Style was created by weaselbringer
Myspace gives you the abilities to customize your profile with HTML/CSS dropped into a field on the profile, can we make a designated profile section and enable the same sort of customization.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #16496 by bobonthenet
Replied by bobonthenet on topic Re:HTML Customized Profile - Myspace Style
I also think this would be a great idea. I came on here to see if anyone else had taken the initiative on this. I think it would be cool if the profile was actually a seperate html file that could be downloaded edited and then uploaded. CB features, user fields and plugins could be placed with simple tags and other features could be created by using html. This would give users unlimmited control over there profiles. I suppose this would probably have security issues though. A default html would be used for those users that don't care about what their profile looks like or just don't have time to mess with it. Has any one else thought of this? Is anyone doing this currently? What are some problems that I might run into such as specific security problems if I was to try and do this myself? Any other comments?

17 years 10 months ago #16518 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:HTML Customized Profile - Myspace Style
There would certainly be huge security risks with HTML no doubt. But mostly the myspace adjustments are CSS, not HTML.

UHP (user home pages) tries to accomplish this but it's got a long way to go.

Check out tagworld.com while you are at it. Much cooler than myspace for a user's custom design.

I hope some day this kind of implementation will be available in CB...

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

17 years 10 months ago #16660 by Tim_Myth
Replied by Tim_Myth on topic Re:HTML Customized Profile - Myspace Style
This can sort of be done now with the blog. The blog in CB allows you to enter HTML. I haven't done any hard core testing of which tags are allowable, but tables and links are a definate, and the tags can use the style attribute to apply formating. It does look like a bit of a security risk though, and I would definately recommend restricting user blogs in the robots.txt file.

I'd love to see a wysiwyg in place of the textarea, and when I get some time, I'm going to see if I can't replace it myself.

Me | My Wife | My Hobby
My latest project: www.fmbrides.com

17 years 10 months ago #16662 by bobonthenet
Replied by bobonthenet on topic Re:HTML Customized Profile - Myspace Style
Where do I find the blog plugin? I'd like to give it a try.

17 years 10 months ago #16665 by Tim_Myth
Replied by Tim_Myth on topic Re:HTML Customized Profile - Myspace Style
It looks like its the mamboblog plugin from mambo.theyard.org. It also looks like Joomblog might work (they mention the ability to use CB avatars) according to their site developer.joomla.org/sf/sfmain/do/viewProject/projects.joomblog , but the CB documentation only mentions that they are "in contact with" the guys at Joomblog "to investigate potential integration". I also don't see any definate "This works with CB" in the Joomblog documentation.

Me | My Wife | My Hobby
My latest project: www.fmbrides.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn