HTML Customized Profile - Myspace Style

17 years 4 months ago #29262 by malinusmaximus
Replied by malinusmaximus on topic Re:HTML Customized Profile - Myspace Style
:woohoo: Ive been working on a few general networking sites like myspace and its hard to find what your looking for jumping threads and websites etc. when theres so much going on so i built a myspace like site for webmasters and joomla users who are dedicated to myspace type joomla site..Stop by and join and well all work together to achieve our goals with a myspace like site in one place without jumping from forum to forum looking for mods,comp.bots etc.

The web address is www.mywebmasterspace.com and we will implement all of the myspace like features on that site and use it as like a demo site for community builder myspace.

Other sites ive done.
creatorcon.com a comic book creators community.

Post edited by: malinusmaximus, at: 2007/01/18 08:36

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #29294 by weaselbringer
Replied by weaselbringer on topic Re:HTML Customized Profile - Myspace Style
I like the idea you're having here. I especially liked your front page style, it's very myspace-esque. I wanted to ask what you used to create the front page style, what template etc you're using. Please email me ( admin@makeenemies.com ) to let me know if we can swap some data. Also check out my customized implementation at www.MakeEnemies.com - I'm thinking we can exchange data and get both our sites improved.

Thanks!
Adam
www.MakeEnemies.com

17 years 3 months ago #30027 by Wickednix
Replied by Wickednix on topic Re:HTML Customized Profile - Myspace Style
malinusmaximus few questions. What plugin are you using to make the members profile public to all users, even guest. Second what plugin are you using to have the favorites info posted under the users picture. I am working on a social network for geeky people. It is very beta right now.

Here is my very beta site
www.g33ktek.com

No protons or electrons were harmed in this post

17 years 3 months ago #30434 by mejim707
Replied by mejim707 on topic Re:HTML Customized Profile - Myspace Style
I have done this over the past week. I am putting together a full instruction and install system. I do however have to make a little mod to the comprofiler core but nothing crazy. The system allows for full styling, ability to use current myspace style simply by copy in, ability for a full range of SQL saved styles, and ability to layer styles giving you great freedon on what you want you page to look like without creating a whole new style or loosing the one you have. You can say have a background you like and publish it. Then you have some "table table table td" styles you like so you publish them and a cool font style you like so you can publish that. Or, you can simply have a myspace style you really like so u publish that un unpublish the rest. It works great! I impressed myself with this. I have some clean up to do but it works perfectly.B)

Post edited by: mejim707, at: 2007/02/02 23:21

17 years 3 months ago #30435 by mejim707
Replied by mejim707 on topic Re:HTML Customized Profile - Myspace Style
I have done this over the past week. I am putting together a full instruction and install system. I do however have to make a little mod to the comprofiler core but nothing crazy. The system allows for full styling, ability to use current myspace style simply by copy in, ability for a full range of SQL saved styles, and ability to layer styles giving you great freedon on what you want you page to look like without creating a whole new style or loosing the one you have. You can say have a background you like and publish it. Then you have some "table table table td" styles you like so you publish them and a cool font style you like so you can publish that. Or, you can simply have a myspace style you really like so u publish that un unpublish the rest. It works great! I impressed myself with this. I have some clean up to do but it works perfectly.B)

17 years 3 months ago #30437 by weaselbringer
Replied by weaselbringer on topic Re:HTML Customized Profile - Myspace Style
-- CB upgrade breaks HTML code in profile text fields

I'm having this same problem as well, does anybody have a fix for it? Do I have re-create the fields?

And also MeJim707 - you mention your work but there's no link or example, please let us know in more detail what it is you're doing. Thx

-Adam

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn