Org Chart Function

17 years 6 months ago #23097 by smhaller
Org Chart Function was created by smhaller
Hi all,

as the webmaster of ZSO Wohlen, I'm just wondering that there is no easy way actually to create an organizational chart inside Joomla. Maybe I just searched at the wrong places ;-)
I think CB has a lot of good things already in place which would be needed to for an org chart. But actually no way to do it.

The only way I found is to install Sugarcrm (old version) with an orgchart plugin and connect it in Joomla but I think it's to much todo for just such platform.

Does anybody know a way to realize it or has already done it for another project?

Thanks and reagards,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 6 months ago #23113 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Org Chart Function
I, personally, have not heard of any such joomla extension.

17 years 6 months ago #23627 by Derinliktutkunu
Replied by Derinliktutkunu on topic Re:Org Chart Function
see other post please

Post edited by: Derinliktutkunu, at: 2006/11/11 02:12

17 years 6 months ago #24381 by Derinliktutkunu
I found some neat component although not intended for that,,, draws a group chart indeed. It uses in fact links or sections to do that. You can just create links to mimic an organisation. This would be e mail links of people organized acording to a chart. See yourself:blink:

www.goermezer.de/

Post edited by: Derinliktutkunu, at: 2006/11/21 20:53

17 years 5 months ago #25143 by smhaller
Replied by smhaller on topic Re:Org Chart Function
I checkt that out and modified the code a bit to bring a nice result. It's still not finished. But you all can have alook here: ZSO OrgChart

I will try to extend this basic functionality to display a Link within the user profile to the OrgChart.

Regards,
Stefan

Post edited by: smhaller, at: 2006/11/24 01:45

17 years 5 months ago #25147 by Derinliktutkunu
Hey this is good,,, This is exactly a chart.

I presume links go to personal pages of people?. What did you modify in code?. This is giving me an idea...I would like to have that in order to show graphically, friendship paths in friends tab of CB. (This path information is already visible in CB )

You know, the well-known theory that in 7 steps you are connected to every body in our globe? This is true... It would be a suberb idea of promotion to show that graphically. It would attract tons of users.

Post edited by: Derinliktutkunu, at: 2006/11/21 20:56

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn