JACLPlus Plugin

17 years 6 months ago #24696 by Bizzyjob
JACLPlus Plugin was created by Bizzyjob
I'm not sure if it is just a plug-in I am looking for, but I would like to be able to allow the users to select which User Level they wanted at the registration form page based on the levels created in the backend by jacl plus. After submitting their registration, they would be redirected to either a payment screen based on the level chosen and then to a welcome page or the option to direct them just to the welcome page. Any ideas about future possibilities?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 6 months ago #24698 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:JACLPlus Plugin
The best way to get a cb plugin for a joomla component is perhaps try to convince the developers of this component (or someone who is familiar with it) to post here and tell that they want to create a cb plugin.

mikko

17 years 6 months ago #24717 by macphoto
Replied by macphoto on topic Re:JACLPlus Plugin
I believe the functionality really needs to be established within CommunityBuilder.
JACL Plus only creates additional group levels in the CMS. It would need to be a CB feature that automates appointing the registered user into a group level.

There is a component called Group Access that has this capability, however it's very manual. I'm working with a community of over 4 thousand members. Manually moving each member one at a time into different groups is too much! There has to be an automated solution during the registration process. The development of this solution would be another major breakthrough for CommunityBuilder.

Smitty
B'klyn, NYC

Group Access Component
extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,writereview/link_id,103/Itemid,35/

17 years 6 months ago #24722 by mikko
The problem is that ACL will be in the joomla core, so there is not much motivation to implement such functionality as aa extension. If you search the forum for ACL, you will find more discussion about this issue.

However, this is not to say that if a person willing to do the work was found, he would not be supported here.

mikko

17 years 6 months ago #24760 by macphoto
Replied by macphoto on topic Re:JACLPlus Plugin
I believe your misinterpreting the request. The need is not for ACL functionality. The need is for subscribers to have the ability to designate themselves into a group when registering into the CMS. Currently, SuperAdmins must manually move members into a group level using the User Manager feature or the Group Access component. :whistle:

17 years 6 months ago #24761 by mikko
I did not mean that ACL should be implemented in CB, but due to the fact that ACL will become joomla core feature, it is likely that it will end up in CB also (in the core). Because of this, there is little motivation for a developer to code it "just for fun", because it will be a short lived piece of code.

However, if you can find someone who has interest in developign this, I am certain that people here will give him as much guidance as can be given over a forum.

mikko

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn