Profile Module into an article

17 years 1 month ago #35314 by Filho
Profile Module into an article was created by Filho
Whould be very nice to insert the user profile into your text, beside or below the article, as in this example that use Ijoomla Magazine component (or a plugin to it). After the article, there´s a block called "about this author".

Post edited by: Filho, at: 2007/04/08 16:05

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #35385 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:Profile Module into an article
I think something like this would be easy enough to code as a content mambot, using the CB author bot available here as the starting point. It would minimally need a parameter on the back end that picks out the name of a user's "bio" field from the comprofiler table, and maybe a couple others for styling and language.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

17 years 1 month ago #35386 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Profile Module into an article
Can be in principle done without coding, but gets complex. (I do not consider writing SQL to be coding)

1) (optional) Use consolidate tab plugin to create one tab which contains all data that you wish to show under the article
2) (optional) Unpublish this tab so that you do not show duplicate things on profile
3) Use tab wrapper module to create a module from this tab, configure it to use SQL mode and fetch userid based on the article id.
4) (optional) Use MosModule mambot to include this module inside content.

I will give you tons of karma if you can pull this out ;)

mikko

Post edited by: mikko, at: 2007/04/09 20:15

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn