Edit CB Profile Gallery Fields

14 years 10 months ago #101565 by teddysu81
Edit CB Profile Gallery Fields was created by teddysu81
Dear Nick,

I have installed CB and CB profile gallery and everything is working great. However, the Profile Gallery tab only have title field, description field, upload image file field and submit button.

The problem is that, I need to add lots more fields (or edit the input fields) into the CB profile gallery tab instead of just those 3 fields. Is there any way that I can add more field (or custom form) the way i want? If yes, how? Why i like to preserve using CB profile gallery is because i love the upload image and sending verification email and the settings, its great! But i need to add more fields so that when the user click 'Submit Gallery Entry', it will also submit all fields that are added.

please help because i cannot find any answers after browsing the forums. Thanks much before...

Teddy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #101567 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Edit CB Profile Gallery Fields
teddysu81 wrote:

Dear Nick,

I have installed CB and CB profile gallery and everything is working great. However, the Profile Gallery tab only have title field, description field, upload image file field and submit button.

The problem is that, I need to add lots more fields (or edit the input fields) into the CB profile gallery tab instead of just those 3 fields. Is there any way that I can add more field (or custom form) the way i want? If yes, how? Why i like to preserve using CB profile gallery is because i love the upload image and sending verification email and the settings, its great! But i need to add more fields so that when the user click 'Submit Gallery Entry', it will also submit all fields that are added.

please help because i cannot find any answers after browsing the forums. Thanks much before...

Teddy

No easy way to add new fields to gallery items.
The free-text description field was meant to handle all extra information about the image.

14 years 10 months ago #101581 by teddysu81
Replied by teddysu81 on topic Re:Edit CB Profile Gallery Fields
so i can't slot in a form plugin in the code?

14 years 10 months ago #101586 by nant
teddysu81 wrote:

so i can't slot in a form plugin in the code?

You most certainly can look at the code and see how it is handling the two existing fields and try and add your own.

If you are a fair php coder it should be fairly easy to do - otherwise you will need help.

14 years 10 months ago #102807 by teddysu81
Replied by teddysu81 on topic Re:Edit CB Profile Gallery Fields
Dear Nant,

Is there anyone here that can help me do the coding? or does joomlapolis crew accept doing personal coding in turn of a small donation? I've been looking all over for a solution...

Thank, Teddy

14 years 10 months ago #102812 by nant
teddysu81 wrote:

Dear Nant,

Is there anyone here that can help me do the coding? or does joomlapolis crew accept doing personal coding in turn of a small donation? I've been looking all over for a solution...

Thank, Teddy

Wish I had the time to do for even a big donation - unfortunately no time.

CB Gallery plugin is due for a total rewrite in order to make it better, more powerful, more features, etc.

If you want something fast, you can try hiring someone from joomlancers site - not sure how good the end result will be but it might help you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn